You are reading a single comment by @ANonnyMoose and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi everyone, sorry to dredge up an old conversation! Brand new user here, received my Bangle.js 2 yesterday and am very excited as someone whose Pebble is currently held together with glue.

Just wanted to add my perspective as someone who switched in and out of Quiet Time on Pebble VERY frequently and was hoping to do the same on the Bangle.js 2. I have a baby who breastfeeds on demand and also co-sleeps with me. Quiet Time on Pebble was fantastic for this because it:

• turns off vibrations
    • doesn't light up the screen when a notification is received, although it does light up the screen when I interact with the watch.
    • is easily turned on/off by long-pressing one of the physical buttons (no need to enter the menu system)

From what I can tell, Quiet Mode on Bangle.js 2 will turn off vibrations, but the screen will still light up when a notification is received even if Quiet mode disables auto-open = YES under the Messages app settings. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

I get the sense from reading through this conversation that mine is probably an unusual use case (most people seem satisfied with scheduling Quiet Mode) so I was hoping to solve my own problem. I am not a coding wizard, but comments #18 and #19 give me hope that it might be possible for me to create this 'enter quiet mode' app and use it with Pattern Launcher. (One day, when my baby gives me time to code again!)

I am unsure if I would be able to stop the screen lighting up when notifications are received though, as I think that is part of the Messages app?

Thanks for reading, very excited to get into the Bangle.js 2!
    Cheers
    ANonnyMoose

About

Avatar for ANonnyMoose @ANonnyMoose started