• Also, if you don't want widgets in all your apps why not just uninstall the widgets? Then it'll be much faster as well.

Or you could make an app (or just upload custom code) that sets Bangle.loadWidgets such that it doesn't load widgets, or maybe just loads them but sets area to "".

But I do wonder: Is this something people really want? I just feel that there are a million things that actually are real problems with Bangle.js at the moment that could be fixed, and I feel like this isn't really one of them. Clocks that can handle a mode where there aren't widgets normally have a menu option for it, and all the other ones generally don't handle it.

• Also, if you don't want widgets in all your apps why not just uninstall the widgets? Then it'll be much faster as well.

I just noticed I forgot to add some details. I was thinking about the hideable widgets bar. I'd like to be able to hide the widgets from all the apps (clock face included) so the apps could use 100% of the screen but I'd like to temporarily display the widgets with a swipe in the clock face (like android control center/notifications)

But I do wonder: Is this something people really want?

I can only speak for myself but I think it is a shared thought: users want a better user experience. The Bangle is a wonderful device but some things feel unpolished and barebones. A trivial example: labels capitalization. Some labels are all lowercase, some Full Camel Case, some Another case variant etc.

IMHO the Bangle lacks some consistency here and there and I'd like to help to improve it (I love the bangle, this is also the first open source project I actively participate!) (this is one of the main reasons I rewrote the alarms app)

Anyway kudos to Gordon for everything!

About

Avatar for Alessandro @Alessandro started