• I think for now, a loadWidgets in ClockFace is the best way to go if you really want to have it configurable, but it should be per-clock. The library could provide an easy way to add a 'settings' menu for that clock, that allowed configuration options - a bit like we do for beep and beep_menu libraries

There was a very similar conversation in a PR recently, but I forget which one:

I can totally imagine a case where someone has more than one clock face installed, and has one for daytime and one for night. In that case it'd make a lot of sense that the night-time one was configured without widgets, and the daytime one had them. But if it's a global setting then that's not really possible.

Also, someone will definitely toggle the setting and forget, and then complain that widgets have all disappeared :)

• I think for now, a loadWidgets in ClockFace is the best way to go if you really want to have it configurable, but it should be per-clock.

Ok!

@rigrig - do you mind if I reopen my PR?

I can totally imagine a case where someone has more than one clock face installed, and has one for daytime and one for night. In that case it'd make a lot of sense that the night-time one was configured without widgets, and the daytime one had them. But if it's a global setting then that's not really possible.

Yup, it makes sense.

Also, someone will definitely toggle the setting and forget, and then complain that widgets have all disappeared :)

haha, true :-D

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started