• @Poolitzer if you can get that set up, it might be really handy. However I'd hope that soon the app will be live!

@johan_m_o glad that fixed it!

@Raik no, there isn't anything at the moment. I've just enabled issues for https://github.com/gfwilliams/Gadgetbrid­ge so you could put stuff in there.

@rigrig not yet, no. I'm wondering whether it's actually worth trying to get Gadgetbridge themselves to build the Bangle.js variant (since it looks like somehow nightlies are handled).

HOWEVER right now I don't think that's worthwhile. I'm developing on https://github.com/gfwilliams/Gadgetbrid­ge and deploying to the app store and when I'm happy I'm pushing it to upstream Gadgetbridge - so if you were to do an F-droid build from upstream it'd likely be too out of date to be useful.

I feel like there are really two sides to this:

• You just want a 'Gadgetbridge for Bangle.js' app in which case just wait a week or two until I get it on the Play Store (or ask to get added to the test account) - it's now in review for the 3rd time and hopefully there won't be too many more
    • You want the absolute latest build - which may break. In which case it might just be handy if you built it yourself, and then at least if there's an issue you'll have the tools needed to at least help debug it, or maybe even fix things yourself.

GitHub actions could a help with the latter, but it's not helpful for me to get a bunch of comments saying "I tried GitHub commit X and it's not working, I don't know why and I have no log files". There's not much I can do about it without a way to debug...

• Well, what I really want is to get a 'Gadgetbridge for Bangle.js' app in the F-Droid store, so I get automatic updates without relying on the proprietary Play Store.

@rigrig not yet, no. I'm wondering whether it's actually worth trying to get Gadgetbridge themselves to build the Bangle.js variant (since it looks like somehow nightlies are handled).

Well, the idea is that F-Droid builds it ;-)
    I was mostly asking in case you already had a F-Droid Plan, but just hadn't gotten to it.

Would you mind if I tried to get it added? The plan would be to open a merge request and ask the nice people at F-Froid for the best way to go about it. (I'm hoping for now we can just point it at your GitHub repo and mark it as "beta".)
    Even if you'd prefer it wasn't listed on F-Droid before you release it, it would be nice to have that stuff figured out by then, so it would just be a matter of approving a merge request when it's ready.

About

Avatar for rigrig @rigrig started