• @johan_m_o did you choose the 'Pair' option when connecting, or was it not paired. I've seen when you pair sometimes the OS does seem to hang onto the bluetooth connection, especially if you enabled HID.

Yes, I do use "Pair" when connecting. The only reason I brought this up is because I haven't seen this happen with the regular Gadgetbridge app for a very long time...

Sometimes I have trouble when connecting to the app store.

What happens if you go to the 'my apps' tab and refresh?

If I get that json error when connecting to the App Loader through GB it doesn't matter what I do, refreshing from the "My apps" tab gives the same error. Force closing and reloading the GB app has worked in getting things working so far.

is the bitmap rendering supposed to take care of words containing special characters as well?

Yes. Right now anything that's not char code 0...255 is converted (assuming that the fonts support ISO8859-1 correctly). å is char code 229 though. It seems to be in the 12x20 and 6x8 fonts, but maybe not in the 6x15 one? What size to you think the font was that's not getting rendered right? It could be a Bangle.js issue.

So, apparently this is a Messages app thing. I did some testing and noticed that the characters only render wrongly in the main messages window. If I click the message and read the whole thing they render just fine. See attached images.

there was a small toast informing me that the Gadgetbridge app isn't installed on my Bangle.js.

I really need debug info from Gadgetbridge for that, but the Gadgetbridge app isn't installed on my Bangle.js error occurs when the Bangle throws an error in response to Gadgetbridge sending a message - so that's a bug in the Bangle.js app (do you have the default Android app or did you also install Gadgetbridge Music)? I imagine you'd see exactly that error with the normal Gadgetbridge too.

Like I said I have not been able to get any logs from the app so far. I only have the Android integration app on the watch, nothing Gadgetbrigde.

2 Attachments

• se_char_01.jpg
    • se_char_02.jpg
About

Avatar for johan_m_o @johan_m_o started