You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • That looks really interesting... However do the BAT tokens have a value? Or I'd just use them to pay for Advertising for Espruino on other platforms?

I think the problem for me is really just one of added complexity though. I'm juggling way too much stuff at the moment, and actually I need to be finding ways of reducing the amount of things I have to deal with, not adding more. Patreon is a great source of income, but it's also a big source of guilt because I really think I should be doing more for my supporters and I just don't have time.

Right now outside of Patreon I get less than $20 a month average in donations. I imagine in all likelihood BAT might end up a similar amount, and it sounds ungrateful but if I just did some consultancy work instead of the time I'd need to set up, administer and do the tax accounting for BAT, I'd probably get more money and other people would still have theirs :)

• However do the BAT tokens have a value?

Yes, it is essentially a cryptocurrency, so BAT can be exchanged for other currencies.
    The only issue is that the exchange rate is volatile, so I would just consider it as a tip.

I think the problem for me is really just one of added complexity though.

Well, of course, if it adds a lot of additional problems, then the benefit from this will not be great. If only it were easy to connect website domains to the BAT system and there would be no problems with taxes.

I really think I should be doing more for my supporters and I just don't have time

It seems to me that Patrons understand everything and have no complaints :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started