You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,

1)Laptop auto pairs with BangleJS and doesn't allow connections from Android

Have you got something like Bluetooth HID enabled? In my experience this can cause Linux devices to auto-pair.

You meantion you've done a complete factory reset of the Bangle - but what happens if you do that, don't change any settings at all, remove it from Linux and Gadgetbridge, and see if it's any better?

2)Even when i remove Auto Pair from latptop it still gets paired with BangleJS when connected
    from IDE or Apps

I use Ubuntu here and I haven't seen an auto-pair option, so I'm not really sure what it is or does. As above Ubuntu tried to pair HID and keep devices and that can be a pain though.

3)Sometimes i am not able to connect to BangleJS from IDE or Apps on my laptop

Is the bluetooth icon on the Bangle grey when you try to start the connection? If not it may be connected to something else.

4)Sometimes when connected to banglejs from GadgetBridge, notifications doesn't work and and connected shows NO on my banglejs.

Ok, that's odd - you mean the Bluetooth icon is grey on the Bangle, but Gadgetbridge on the phone says it is connected? It's possible it's a power saving thing on your phone

5)Sometimes i am not able to connect to BangleJS from my android device

Is the Bluetooth icon on the Bangle grey when you start trying to connect? Either your Laptop or Gadgetbridge on the phone may already be connected to it.

You could also try connecting Gadgetbridge without pairing and see if that's any better

6)Sometimes switching off Bluetooth on my laptop/Android helps to solve the issue sometimes it doesn't help, 7)Rebooting the device does not always help, 8)Factory Reset does not always help, 9)Removing all the extra apps does not help

Linux especially can have issues with the Bluetooth adaptor, as can some phones. Occasionally I do have to manually reboot the Bluetooth stack on Linux, and even modprobe -r btusb on my laptop. It's been super rare on recent OS updates though.

Arch probably isn't helping you :)

The combination of Linux auto-pairing, and maybe the phone trying to auto-pair with Gadgetbridge could I imagine make things really flakey for you.

Would be nice to have debug interface for Bluetooth connections, i think that due to some reason Bluetooth gets jammed on bangleJS (' I might be wrong this is just a thought ')

Not quite sure what you mean here? You mean getting log messages on the screen or something like that?

This can be conflict between multiple devices but i was able to replicate the issues in Environments were i had only android and banglejs devices with me.

Thanks - that's handy to know...

Are there any plans for creating native banglejs bridge both for android/ios from same app?

Not quite sure I understand what you mean?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started