You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks! Right now we're still at roughly 1% of watches having to be returned. It seems like a lot when you see it on the forum, but it's not actually that bad.

Obviously it's higher than I'd like (and far higher than I experienced selling devices like the Espruino Pico), but I think it's a sign that more people are using the Bangle.js 2 every day. If I think of it in terms of the abuse a piece of electronics attached to my wrist all the time has to go through, 1% failure rate doesn't seem so bad :)

The button in particular is something I'll get them to sort out for the next batch, but we're noticing in our testing here that the new batch has a lot less issues than the first batch. It's easy to forget now, but the first batch was produced in the middle of the first wave of Covid-19, so I guess maybe the manufacturer was under quite a lot of stress at the time and standards slipped.

Of course it still hurts revenue and in retrospect I priced the KickStarter rewards lower than I should have, but it's not like I'm hiring a bunch of people or have investors to keep happy, so I'm fine :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started