You are reading a single comment by @Sir_Indy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I agree with user140377 - the checkbox is very clear on the tiny screen. Worth remembering when looking at giant icons on a computer that the real icon is ~3mm tall, and if the only change is a ~1mm tick or cross in the centre it could be hard to spot, especially if the user has bad eyesigh

It was an idea to workaround the fact that we cannot directly check/uncheck an alarm AND open it because the API is quite limited now (but maybe I'm wrong).

For the same reason, I liked the previous 'repeat' symbol. Nice and clear, obvious what it means, and symbols don't need translating.

Imho the repeat symbol is not needed. In 07:00 MTWTF__ [X] obviosly the alarm is "repeated". The current version shows Alarm 7:00 (R) [X]: ok, the alarm is on repeat, but when?

The problem with a repeat symbol is that it eats too many space: time + days of week + repeat icon = two lines and I'd like to keep all the info on one line.

I could add an option so the user can choose compact view vs full view:

(this is only a quick mock with the variants mixed up)

(the underscores are needed to move the text to the right as spaces does not work ( @Gordon : this is the issue I was referring to in the PR))

I do like the idea to hide the Bulk Actions behind another layer though, it was making me nervous having a DELETE ALL button there that I might accidentally press!

All actions require a confirm ;-)

• Sorry I wasn't clear, I didn't mean show the days of week and repeat symbol, I meant show just the symbol, since you need to tap on the alarm to actually do anything with it, and days of week are listed inside. But I can see that having the days of week on the main menu would be useful, sorry to cause confusion.

I like Gordon's idea to colour the icon, that should be nice and clear. Depending on the colours, the whole text could be 'greyed out', but I know dithered text doesn't look great so this may not be an option.

You could remove the Alarm/Timer text and still make it clear which are alarms and which are timers by changing the formatting. Show alarms as time, e.g. 12:45, 07:00. Show timers as durations, e.g. 5m, 1h20, 12h. Don't know how well that would translate though.

• You could remove the Alarm/Timer text and still make it clear which are alarms and which are timers by changing the formatting. Show alarms as time, e.g. 12:45, 07:00. Show timers as durations, e.g. 5m, 1h20, 12h.

I added a new function to sched module: formatDuration(millis)

The sched module contains many functions, maybe we should split it into smaller modules? Some of the functions are more time-related than scheduler-related.

Functions like encode/decodeTime, formatTime, formatDuration could be extracted into a new "time_utils" module - what do you think?

About

Avatar for Sir_Indy @Sir_Indy started