• the app icons on the loader all look a bit blurred.

Sure the app screenshot (ie the app mini screenshots on the right of the app cell) seem to have all gone fuzzy ?

See example marked up screenshot.
    Sure these used to be sharper.

1 Attachment

• Screenshot 2022-05-03 22.41.53.png
  • Sorry, I looked on my own, on the iPad with the WebBLE app, on an Android phone and on a Mac, with Firefox and with Chrome, and the icons looked as sharp as before.
    Possibly a drop in internet traffic quality on your end?

• Anyone else? I don't think anything has changed in the code, and looking at the image with Chrome devtools shows there's nothing odd there - it's just an img tag with a size of 4em. I guess Chrome could have changed its scaling algorithm but it seems unlikely.

If the image size were set in pixels to a multiple of 176px (like 88px) then the rendering would be a bit better for most screenshots, but then it wouldn't scale nicely on different devices like phones.

• Possibly a drop in internet traffic quality on your end?

Hmm... Maybe you should be using one of those gold plated hifi-quality ethernet cables :)

One option is the webpage is scaled and so not rendered 1:1?

• Hmm... Maybe you should be using one of those gold plated hifi-quality ethernet cables :)

Hahaha, touché!
    it's true that these images are so small that the quality of the network surely has nothing to do with the adaptive quality of the images.
    In any case, on my side, despite the refresh, they are still of normal quality, as sharp as they can be.
    Probably the zoom of the web page as you suggest

• This could be browser related. Crisp as anything on my Android phone, running Chrome. Fuzzy on my chromebook. Some images are still crisp. Eg pebble is fuzzy and pebbled is crisp. The difference is that the crisp image is much larger.

pebble image is 178x178 PNG file
    pebbled image is 527x526 JPG file

• Well, there definitely is a difference between Firefox and Chrome now (see attachments), so I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Chrome did change something.

2 Attachments

• firefox.png
    • chrome.png
  • Thanks - good to have a clear comparison @rigrig.

All I can think is this is a Chrome update - which I'd imagine may end up rolled back soon because it definitely looks like a bug rather than an improvement.

• Agree - looks like a chrome update.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

is it my eyesight or have all the app screenshots (bottom right) on the loader gone fuzzy ?

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions