• Hello,

I would like to have some clarifications about the use of AlarmTimer/Scheduler.

I was using QAlarm since it appeared on the apploader, as it allowed me to not only schedule my alarms but also to decide which day of the week which alarm should sound or not. And I also liked the ability to name the alarms, reminding me what they were for when they went off.

After Gordon's comment in one of the threads and the "not recommended" mention on Qalarm in the apploader, I decided to remove it and install Scheduler and the new Alarm/Timer.

In the Alarm/Timer app, I can create new alarms (only their time, not the day(s) they should sound) and as well new timers.
    Then I don't see any list of these newly created alarms. I don't see any other menu either.

The options of the Scheduler application, accessible from Settings/Apps, only allow to set buzzes and snoozes as well as their duration and repetition. Nothing else apparently.

Am I missing any menus that would allow me to finalize the programming of my alarms? Are they hidden somewhere? Is another app missing that I should have installed? In this case, a step-by-step guide for this tedious programming of simple alarms would be welcome.

But maybe this is still a work in progress, in which case I'll wait and go back to QAlarm in the meantime.

A small ergonomic remark : most menus now use the red button for an exit from the menu or a return to the parent menu. It would save the space of a line if we did the same for these two apps.

Thank you again for this huge work and for your investment to all. I am daily impatient and amazed to discover all that is created every day around this wonderful project

• Hello!

What versions are you using? (both Alarms & Timers and Scheduler)

In the Alarm/Timer app, I can create new alarms (only their time, not the day(s) they should sound) and as well new timers.

There's a menu "Days" that allows yout to select the days (I'm working on some improvements about this)

Then I don't see any list of these newly created alarms.

You should see all your alarms & timers when you open the app, just below the New Alarm / New Timer menu items.

The options of the Scheduler application, accessible from Settings/Apps, only allow to set buzzes and snoozes as well as their duration and repetition. Nothing else apparently.

These are the global settings for the "sched" lib (so if you want to add a timer to your clock you can use those settings instead of reinveinting the wheel)

A small ergonomic remark : most menus now use the red button for an exit from the menu or a return to the parent menu. It would save the space of a line if we did the same for these two apps.

They already do... What versions are you using?

About

Avatar for nicoboss @nicoboss started