You are reading a single comment by @jamesh and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Does anyone actually care about the barometer?

Personally, I'm not sure I see the use-case for having a pressure sensor on the watch, it's certainly not worth sacrificing waterproofing for. However, I think people could see real value in a microphone / speaker, and that would be something I would see as a good trade-off with regards to waterproofing.

My wishlist would be:

• Speaker, I think there are some really good use-cases for having a speaker for audio feedback e.g. listening to instructions, music etc.
    • Microphone, the ability to answer a call or even just send voice commands to your phone via the Bangle would be such a cool feature.
    • Stronger vibration motor, I think it's just a little too subtle. If I am for example working in a physical job and I have an alert setup on my watch, I'm not sure how likely I am to feel it.
    • Richer screen, the ability to render higher quality images would be great e.g. being able to set a background photograph or just view images from apps like WhatsApp.

Disclaimer - I was not one of those people who were complaining to you about there not being a microphone or speaker. I think you've done an amazing job with these, and not just from a hardware perspective but with the whole Bangle ecosystem (emulator, app loader, docs etc.). So only support & praise from me, keep up the great work!

About

Avatar for jamesh @jamesh started