You are reading a single comment by @rigrig and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Testing your fork a little. Have you considered left-to-right swipe in music submenu to not be 'up menu level' but instead 'previous track'?

Also, pressing the button in music submenu acts simultaneously to 'play/pause' and 'up menu level'.

And lastly, I suggest the music menu icon to be shown on app start even if no music is currently playing. This way you could access music controls to initiate a track from the bangle instead of from the phone.

My two cents! Nice work :)

• Thanks for the feedback!
    Music controls are tricky, because the setUI standard behaviour is for ltr-swipe and button presses to take you back, and I'm reluctant to make it different on just one screen. I guess it could be a setting, but I'm already a bit unhappy with the amount of settings as it is.

Always showing the music icon feels like a lot of clutter for people who don't use it, and opening it would get you to an empty screen. And what will the phone even play if you tell it to start?
    But I'll look into remembering music state (for some time) when you close the app, so the icon shows up if you used it recently.

• Good points!

Spitballing some other ideas:
    I've attached a screenshot of the music app on my Amazfit Bip developed by MNVolkov over at myamazfit.ru (translated to english). That layout with somewhat large buttons works really well on the Bip at least (same size screen, don't know if it's more accurate for touches or not). If one used that instead of LeftRight swipes it wouldn't interfere with setUI. I would probably still prefer UpDown swipes to change volume though, your implementation is really nice!

Another one could be to have the music screen 'be to the left of' the message opening screen, making it accessible with a 'right-to-left swipe'. And then get back to opening screen with a 'left-to-right swipe', i.e using something like natural scrolling. The music icon could also take you there if/when it's shown on the opening screen.

edit: A more general thing I think the Bip does well, that I don't think is mentioned in previous replies here, is that it does away with incremental scrolling with drags in favor of 'scrolling' the whole screen with swipes. I.e more like moving between pages. I think this is more efficient in daily use. I like the new main banglejs menu system, but it's not as quick to navigate as the bip menus.

About

Avatar for rigrig @rigrig started