You are reading a single comment by @Ganblejs and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Well, I've started on a largeish improvement.
    It works*, but there is still much to do. Just figured I'd post here so someone else doesn't start duplicating my effort.
    So far:

• separate screens for messages/call/music/map
    • scrolling messages, you can scroll down to the next message
    • left-to-right swipe takes you back
    • right-to-left on a message shows actions menu

* With the latest cutting-edge firmware, Bangle.js1 should in theory work, but not tested yet.

• Testing your fork a little. Have you considered left-to-right swipe in music submenu to not be 'up menu level' but instead 'previous track'?

Also, pressing the button in music submenu acts simultaneously to 'play/pause' and 'up menu level'.

And lastly, I suggest the music menu icon to be shown on app start even if no music is currently playing. This way you could access music controls to initiate a track from the bangle instead of from the phone.

My two cents! Nice work :)

• Thanks for the feedback!
    Music controls are tricky, because the setUI standard behaviour is for ltr-swipe and button presses to take you back, and I'm reluctant to make it different on just one screen. I guess it could be a setting, but I'm already a bit unhappy with the amount of settings as it is.

Always showing the music icon feels like a lot of clutter for people who don't use it, and opening it would get you to an empty screen. And what will the phone even play if you tell it to start?
    But I'll look into remembering music state (for some time) when you close the app, so the icon shows up if you used it recently.

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started