You are reading a single comment by @ChrisS and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think not requiring any account would cause too much of an issue with spam

Definitely agreed - my point was that asking questions about an Espruino device should not require a GitHub account (now managed by Microsoft and almost certainly not GDPR compliant...)

• my point was that asking questions about an Espruino device should not require a GitHub account (now managed by Microsoft and almost certainly not GDPR compliant...)

Fully agree.

Of course everyone who published an app on the Espruino GitHub repository already has a GitHub account. And that may also be the majority of the current forum users.

But people who bought e.g. a Bangle.js 2 for privacy reasons (it doesn't share data with third parties) may not want to create a GitHub account. And they may also avoid the current forum due to the use of Google Analytics and therefore not give feedback in this thread.

It would be great to have a forum where privacy-conscious people are welcome, too.

About

Avatar for ChrisS @ChrisS started