• Just curious, in almost all applications pressing the button has the semantic meaning of a "back" action.
    ("back" meaning back to the previous level, with the top node being the launcher).

This is the case in almost all apps, except the "Messages" app, where to get out of it one has to tap the "back" icon on the screen which (at least for me) feels like a UI inconsistency.

Was there a special reason why in the Messages app the back functionality was not put on the button but on a visual icon instead?

• We're moving more towards using the button to go Back, with a symbol in the top left to show you that you can.

With the 2v13 release (and cutting edge builds) we have built-in support for a back icon in the top-left, which you'll be able to tap or use the button for (and eventually that'll even be configurable).

When that's released I have an update to messages which will use that for everything, but I don't want to push it yet because it'll remove the back button in some places for other devices.

This is the case in almost all apps, except the "Messages" app, where to get out of it one has to tap the "back" icon on the screen which (at least for me) feels like a UI inconsistency.

You can press the button to go back from a message... It's just the main message list that's the issue? That is one of the things that'll be changing

• Yes, I meant only the main message list.

Thank you very much for the explanation, I'll be patient and wait for the change :-)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle2 button-press means "back" except in Messages app?

Posted by Avatar for Kosi2801 @Kosi2801

Actions