You are reading a single comment by @Mi and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi all,

linking to this other thread, I had setup a repo for testing algorithms on Bangle JS. We currently have algos for step counting but it would make sense to add HR as well.

I have some student working on HR from PPG on mobile phones, but, if time allows, would like also to contribute to BangleJS.

The first thing to do would be to collect raw PPG data, as it comes to the algorithm, with a reference HR from another, trusted, sensor.

Once we are happy with the HR, it would be also cool to see if we can extract other parameters, such as respiration rate, but that would probably come later...

• Yes.

I am hesitant to ask for recordings though before having done a whole iteration.
    Typically then one finds some improvements or missing parts (eg in the file format or naming convention or ...) that are easyly corrected before building the recording library but difficult thereafter.

The first thing to do would be to collect raw PPG data, as it comes to the algorithm, with a reference HR from another, trusted, sensor.

So to me that would be the second thing after having implemented testing harness and at least one algorithm to be parametrized and done that with two or three short recordings of myself.

About