You are reading a single comment by @Fteacher and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @HughB Some bangle.js2 owners use an external bluetooth hrm, it works great. For 15 bucks you can get a 2nd hand chest heart rate strap and lab grade data.
    Some in this forum expressed interest for the hr zones features (probably those who use this bthrm). For me it would be a great addition because I struggle to read the bpm numbers while running and I use zones for training. These last 3 months I had huge improvements in my running thanks to using these zones. For a 6kms race, I went from 8.4kms/h at 142bpm in December 2021 to 9.9 kms/h at 140bpm on 20th of March 2022. The 2 factors of success were using zone2 running and increasing the mileage.
    All this to say that we don't need to wait for the HRM to work fine while exercising (which may not happen any kind of soon) to have people code apps that use hr zones.

• Good point. Personally I dont want to wear a chest trap when running, I could get a wrist based bluetooth HRM but then I would have to wear it on the other wrist. At which point I might as well wear my Amizfit Bip that I got off eBay for £28 15 months back.

About

Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher started