You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I need to be able to put the distance in kms/h (I have the device in English)

Then you go in settings / run / pace and find "1000m" value. This should do.

The possibility of having the color change on the HR wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Some people in this forum showed interest for Heart rate zones. Actually, I have some .png files here ready for a while. It's the good size, the good colors.
    Zone 1 is not relevant for sport, so I removed it. I divided each zone in 2 sub-zones to make it more precise.
    HR zones could be setup individually, or follow the usual formula (requires max HR)
    zone 2:60-70% of max HR
    zone 3:71-80% of max HR
    zone 4:81-90% of max HR
    zone 2:91-100% of max HR
    2nd option, using the Karvonen formula (requires max HR and min HR (HR when you wake up before any effort))
    Karvonen formula is HRmax - HRmin= HR reserve (HRR)
    Target Heart Rate Training Zone = Resting HR + ( % Intensity x [maximum HR – resting HR]).

Example: Max HR = 186. Min HR = 56. Calculate zone 2 (60-70%)
    186-56=130 (HRR)
    130x60/100+56=134
    130x70/100+56=147
    Zone 2 is comprised between 134 and 147 bpm.
    Feel free to use these drawings, there's a .zip.txt attached to this post, download it, remove the .txt extension and unzip it to get the 8 .png files.
    If anyone is ready to implement this but would prefer an horizontal version or else, I'm happy to make all the changes you want.

• Heart rate zones are a good idea in principle - BUT until the HRM works reliably when moving they wont work.

About