• The new version of the bootloader (0.44) seems to generate a broken version of .boot0 for the "Health Tracking" app.
    Executing '.boot0' directly yields the following console error message:

Uncaught Error: Function not found!
    at line 20 col 43 in .boot0
    require("Storage").write(b,f(a),e,17988)­}})

Obviously line 20 is specific to my setup, but this is the last line of the 'health tracking' boot code entry. It seems to be missing the final "();", maybe?
    The symptom in my case was that the 'ptlauncher' section that came after the 'health tracking' section was not executed (hence ptlauncher no longer worked).
    It is possible that this problem existed before bootloader 0.44, but that I had 'health tracking' installed AFTER ptlanucher, in which case the problem would have been hidden...

• Sorry to reply to my own post, but the more I stare at this, the more I suspect this might not be the bootloader's fault after all. It seems that boot.js for "Health tracking" is flawed. Perhaps someone who is more JS knowledgeable can have a look...

• Not sure if it s related but… Since I ve updated the Bootloader to version0.44, i cannot connect to the appstore any more (and pattrnlauncher doesnt work anymore as well)
    the only way i found to have the bangle listed when trying to connect to the appstore is rebboting it with a long press on btn. But then, connecting fails

EDIT : disabling HID allowed me to connect again to apploader and putting back bootloader 0.42 made patternlauncher work again

• I have not noticed any issues with connecting to the appstore with the new bootloader.
    In fact I now believe that the problem I had was not related to the new bootloader at all, but rather that the problem lies with the boot code in the health tracker app.

• In my case, the HID enabled was probably the problem, not the bootloader indeed.
    The pattern launcher coudln't work with the 0.44 though, and worked again when back to bootloader 0.42

• Ok, thanks - just fixed in bootloader 0.45

0.44 didn't put semi-colons between boot code whereas it did before. So in a way all boot code files should really have a semi-colon in, but because many don't we have to auto-add them.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New bootloader does not seem to play nice with Health tracking

Posted by Avatar for user113695 @user113695

Actions