Bangle1 fresh install

Posted on
  • I wanted to update firmware and have default apps. I went to the App Store and used Install default apps. But it doesn't complete because bluetooth disconnects a few seconds after it starts.
    -> Bluetooth
    2 seconds later...
    <- Bluetooth
    So it can never complete installation of default apps.
    I tried cutting edge firmware and v12 so far.
    What should I try next?

• Update: Using another android device worked.

Would be interesting to find out why my most up to date device, Oppo A5 2020 Android 10 does not function with bluetooth in chrome app. Whereas a very old samsung galaxy tab s pro running lineage OS android 7.1.1 does work. I would like to fix that, any suggestions?

• I have no idea - did you leave the App Loader app in the background while it uploaded? Most phones will throttle or stop background tasks

• No, this happened almost instantly, foreground and within 1-2 seconds. I assume its related to some battery management or some other intefering app. But I dont have the will to dig through the exact cause. Its also a shame that chrome seems only browser to support webbluetooth on android. I tried a few others opera and firefox, to no avail.

• Its also a shame that chrome seems only browser to support webbluetooth on android. I tried a few others opera and firefox, to no avail.

Not just on Android, Firefox doesn't support WebBluetooth anywhere (I don't know about Opera).

• Edge on Android also works. Somehow it felt less awful to me than installing Chrome.
    It is my understanding that Opera does on some platform, but I didn't get it to work on Android.
    Firefox views WebBluetooth as "harmful", and has no intention of supporting it anywhere.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle1 fresh install

Posted by Avatar for d3nd3-o0 @d3nd3-o0

Actions