You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks! The 'self-hosted runner' thing in particular looks very helpful: https://docs.github.com/en/actions/hosti­ng-your-own-runners/about-self-hosted-ru­nners

I didn't realise they had some code for this that 'just works' - I was expecting there'd be a lot of messing about with HTTP requests to get it working.

The Typescript PR for Bangle.js actually starts using GitHub actions (instead of Travis) for builds so soon I'll get to grips with that properly as well (since I'm using Travis for the moment, but their 'free for Open Source' plan changed to be limited).

Having the test results integrated in GitHub would be cool, but for me, the real benefit is having a way not just to say 'is it broken' - (which hopefully is rare :) ) but to look back at a graph of benchmark results and see where something got slower, and to then click through and find the commit that caused it.

Another case is firmware size - it's always a pain to keep the build going for the micro:bit, so ideally I'd be able to look at firmware size over time, see when a commit made it a lot worse, and then figure out if maybe that feature is something that didn't actually have to be in really stripped down builds.

So really it's just finding a nice way to look at the data as well...

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started