You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm feeling frustrated with the Meesages App.

Yes, I noticed that ;)

Are you using the latest messages app? At least I see the attached which is slightly more readable (background colour on the body is different)

One big issue I see is the font. Right now we really don't have any decent 'intermediate size' font option - the 15px high font is half the height of the 20px font - and I think changing that would make a big difference. It's something I want to get sorted very soon, but I want to fix it properly - so the same font style, but in different sizes - and it's proving difficult to find something.

I have however just made a change to make it try a medium-size font before defaulting to the tiny font, and you can now configure how small it goes in settings.

Totally agree on the color - but then we don't have the luxury of a 6bpp screen like the bip, so it's slightly harder. I have just changed it to use the current theme, so now changing the theme colors is easy.

As I'd mentioned in the other threads, I really don't approve of swipe/touch interaction when there's no onscreen hint, but adding something tiny right at the bottom as a hint would be neat. I'm in the process of adding a more generic method of getting a 'back' button so I think when that's in, we can use that (so it matches other menus), and then adding swipe will actually remove the need for all other buttons.

2 Attachments

• download2.png
    • download.png
About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started