You are reading a single comment by @Niko and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi, I'm Niko and I'm using Linux. Hello Niko.
    Anybody else? I can't anymore, I'm desperate, I need help!

A week ago or so, I got the banglejs2, turned it on, used chromium to connect and it worked out of the box. You can't imagine the happiness.

Next day: no way! Bluetooth connects to the watch but chromium: bright orange "Device connection failed". After uncountable approaches, changes in settings, and internet searches I give up and order a dongle. The good stuff, a "CSR"-one!

Plugged it in, didn't really know how to tell chromium which adapter to use but after a while (and a reboot) it worked. Happiness came back. Couple of days go by without major problems.

Today I plug the dongle out and later plug it back in. Oh dear! No way I can make chromium scan BT with the dongle. Always internal, always the bright orange needle in the heart. What can I do? Any ideas.

Why is BT on Linux such a pain in the butt? Who is to blame? I want to blame someone.

Thanks for coming to my rant.

By the way: bangle 2v12, Bluez 5.60, kernel 5.13

• Linux also. Linuxmint. I use ungoogled chromium to connect for the last 3 months. It works fine besides a few quirks, solved through simple disconnect -connect.
    Maybe it's related to the watch staying connected to your previous setup ? Sorry, I don't have solution to offer you, but I can reassure you, it can work. I use quite a few bluetooth devices, usually flawlessly.

About