You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've just merged this into the main builds, so if you try a cutting edge build now, you should get the new menu system by default.

Right now, the 'checkbox' only appears if there's a boolean value with no format function, but pretty much all apps do provide a Yes/No style format - so I think once this is released we'll have to run through all the apps removing the format functions (someone may still want to do a boolean value with a custom format, so I'm not sure we can just ignore it)

• so I think once this is released we'll have to run through all the apps removing
    the format functions

So here lies the advantage of having a firmware tag in the metadata.json file.
    I now have 2.12.27 on my watch, with the lovely new menu system.

I have spotted that adding a new Yes/No item no longer works as it stays as No when I go back into settings after just setting it to Yes. So I have changed my code to remove the format. But now I really should update the other 2 boolean settings in my pastel.settings.js.

But if I do I break my app for everyone else who is on firmware prioor to 2.12.27 if I check in the code. SO now I am blocked from checking in further changes to my app OR I have to revert to old firmware and implement the settings as per the format way.

I'd much rather be able to checkin my code with a firmware:2.12.27 tag in metadata.json, knowing that if someone loads the latest version of Pastel then they will be invited to upgrade the firmware if they have firmware prior to 2.12.27.

About