You are reading a single comment by @rigrig and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think that's the wrong way round: boolean items should have a checkbox, multiple choices radioboxes.

Yeah, it should be a checkbox (or switch icon) so when there are >1 it's not confusing. I'm not sure if it's worth using the extra space to show radio buttons for multi-choice items? You won't ever see them change, but I guess it does show you what was previously selected?

Also does this mean there is only one kind of menu and not two kinds which is currently really confusing?

You mean launcher vs. in-app menus? If so, yes-ish - they will both behave the same way at least.

The only thing I miss from the current menu system is the tap anywhere to activate the highlighted item.

Yes, I'm not sure there's an easy way around that with this design - I think most people will expect to be able to tap on the item they are interested in. It should be pretty easy to modify it later to highlight the 'middle' item and have tap to select though, so it could always be a new app.

• I'm not sure if it's worth using the extra space to show radio buttons (...) I guess it does show you what was previously selected?

It also shows that you are looking at a list of options instead of a submenu. Although I guess that becomes clear soon enough when you pick one. (And in theory you could know the difference because it was showing a value)

About

Avatar for rigrig @rigrig started