You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,
    thank you guys for your work!

This is my experience with latest firmware:

1. I noticed almost zero fake-steps while working (I'm a developer so I sit in front of the pc all day) - GOOD!
    2. An hour ago I took a short walk (~ 2Km) on my treadmill. In the first two minutes I counted ~90 steps/min but my Bangle2 only showed ~30 steps/min (speed set to 4Km/h) The next two minutes I set speed to 6Km/h and I counted ~115 steps/min but the Bangle2 showed ~95 steps/min. I didn't count the rest of the walk because I lost count but I noticed that the accuracy increases as speed increases. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

I just installed the logger, next time I'll try to record the walk

ps: English is not my mother tongue, sorry for mistakes

• Thanks for that. We really need measurements against another device like a 'fibit' or 'amazfit bip'. Watching a step counter while walking and manually counting steps is very hard. It also skews the accelerometer readings because the watch is not always in the usual walking orientation with respect to your body etc, arms slightly swinging by your side etc.

• I think recording the steps (not watching the counter) and counting can be good. We don't know which way other devices are skewed, so if you can walk normally and count then the data is useful. I find I can count accurately for 1000 steps, and then I get bored and my mind drifts, but for those 1000 steps I am pretty certain of my counting, and I think only for the first few steps I am paying more attention to the steps than I usually would (and possibly walking unnaturally).

• Thanks for that. We really need measurements against another device like a 'fibit' or 'amazfit bip'.

I have a Mi Band 5, I can make a comparison with that.

About