• Hi everyone
    I am trying to set the time on Puck.js from another device (ESP32).
    I am not able to run from the battery as my electricity meter sometimes gets stuck on pulse LED high and after some time hangs Puck.js and drains the battery. So I am running it off mains power (3.3v), but due to that and it sometimes rebooting, I cannot keep the time in sync with real.
    My other ESP32 device is withing BT reach to Puck.js and I just wondered if I can make it connect to Puck.js and somehow set the time on it
    Any help with time sync would be much appreciated =)

• My other ESP32 device is withing BT reach to Puck.js and I just wondered if I can make it connect to Puck.js and somehow set the time on it

You could connect, but it's a lot of work. However you could make the ESP32 advertise the time via Bluetooth Low Energy (what are you programming the ESP32 with?).

You could then use NRF.requestDevice with a filter on the Puck to find the ESP32 and read the advertising packet direct from there.

• which is exactly what is currently discussed in topic http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­372114/ It is just few lines on ESP32 to enable NTP over wifi and advertise time over BLE (if you are ok with accuracy to 1 second)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Execute code/function on puck.js from another ESP board

Posted by Avatar for user130485 @user130485

Actions