You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @HughB I definitively prefer 1:36 rather than 1'36". And my preference goes to 2:17:35 for 2 hours 17 minutes 35 seconds, rather than just minutes.
    About pace vs speed and miles vs kilometers, as demonstrated with this limited set of runners (2 !) : it has to be tweakable !
    @HughB What do you think about my comments on steps and cadence ? Are they useful as live data for you ?
    Speaking about the HRM, I've read some github discussions about the stepometer of the bangle.js2 and files contributions of long non-moving events were useful. If useful, I could record in parallel 2 files, one with the wrist HRM and 1 with the arm HRM, during different activities like running or cycling if that can provide some helpful data to anyone. Would that be of any help @Gordon ?

• @HughB What do you think about my comments on steps and cadence ?
    I don't see any usecase for the steps number as live data during a run.

I think for running you are right. Having said that I'm doing fast walking , jogging at the moment so it is useful, but maybe as configuration option. Generally if I was fit I would want to know, how far have I gone, what's my overall pace, whats my current pace, whats my heart rate, what did I do the last mile in ? In the good old days when I could do half marathons I used to spend a few hundred yards working that all out in my head from a CASIO watch that just timed the whole race.

I definitely want to be able to turn the GPS off and save battery life. So this would make the dist and pace slots.

About