You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • UPDATE on the REVIEW:

I went out again and retested. I was walking, but it works just a well. I took the screenshot when I got back to the car and connected my phone, hence why CADENCE is 0.

Warmed up the GPS first. Used the AGPS app and confirmed that setting only to the GPS service actually does speed up the first fix for Bangle 2 (even though no AGPS data is sent, its just using the CAS04 NMEA command on Bangle 2).

The DISTANCE looks like it is displaying in Km even though it says miles. I know that 2000 steps for me is 1m. Which would come to 3.48mile approx. In km that would be (8/5)*3.48 = 5.57. So its possible that either the app is displaying distance in km with some error - the screenshot shows the units as mi.

PACE is definely coming out in minutes / km. Would it be clearer to display as 7:56 rather than 07'56" ?

HEART rate - seems to slow right down when I am moving. At one point I was walking up hil puffed out and I knew my heart rate was high. I looked down and it was showing 81, I stopped for 2 minutes and saw it rise to 151 drop to 138, as soon as I started moving it droped to 80 ish. Definitely a problem with heart rate monitoring when moving.

TIME: Would it be better if it said 1:18:31 instead of 78:31. Imagine you are running a half marathon, you dont want to have to translate 137:42 into 2 hours 17 mins.

1 Attachment

• download (3).png
  • HEART rate - seems to slow right down when I am moving. At one point I was walking up hil puffed out and I knew my heart rate was high. I looked down and it was showing 81, I stopped for 2 minutes and saw it rise to 151 drop to 138, as soon as I started moving it droped to 80 ish. Definitely a problem with heart rate monitoring when moving.

One of the Kickstarter updates (the one about tempering expectations) says that the heart rate monitor is (currently) only good when staying still. I'm not sure whether that still stands.

About