BangleJs 2 - Bluetooth stopped working

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • What I wonder, can I change the main.c file to log e.g. BLE errors etc.?
    --> I.e. adapt this file here, compile and flash:
    https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/3a1b5142a281e5c2f9e827d2901abf88b13167­f7/targets/nrf5x_dfu/main.c

Then I could try to log the error code etc. on the screen - if this would help.

Cheers, David

• Honestly, at this point I think you probably have a hardware error and need a new Bangle :(

If you've got all the right firmware on there and nothing is corrupt, which I think I'd be pretty certain now - it's hardware. I'll drop you an email in an hour or so with more info about swapping

• Thanks a lot @Gordon for your help and support - this sometimes happens that Hardware is faulty... I'm looking forward to the new Bangle to continue working with this great device and continue programming my LCARS watch face :D

David

• @Gordon had to add onto this. Not sure why the Bluetooth isn't "working". I was attempting to update from v2v10.219 after updating apps in WebBLE such as the Bluetooth Widget app -unsure if the combination of versions kicked it off or if its Manufacture defect as well.

1. iOS > installed WebBLE > Connect > Bangle.JS 72ca appears and I hit Done | the "Getting app list..." runs perpetually without a list of apps appearing. Note, I was able to connect no problem and update apps for the first 2-3 days after receiving the Bangle. I was able to add apps and was quite happy.

On late 3rd day I saw the email about the firmware update and process so proceeded.

1. iOS > nRF Toolbox > latest firmware downloaded > DFU + Connect > Bangle appears in list > I select package > "Ready for Update screen" | Device Info: Name = Bangle.js 72ca and Status = Disconnected. Seemed odd so I rebooted 3x and then Reset Settings.

Today I see:

1. Watch Face: the Bluetooth icon is grey font/faded and not blue as it used to be.

I've Reset Settings and Rebooted multiple times with no fix. You're help and guidance is appreciated.

Mark

• Have you tried rebooting your iPhone or connecting from another device? I've heard of several cases where the iPhone bluetooth gets confused. Sometimes just turning Bluetooth off then on on the phone will do it, but if you do a full reset then you can be sure.

Also worth following the steps for 'rebooting without loading code' at https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#rese­tting-without-loading-any-code in case a setting on the Bangle got changed to (for example) disable bluetooth

While it could be a hardware issue, if you were connected before it's far more likely just to be something in software.

• Resolved: on Mac > Chrome > espruino.com/ide/ > Connected > opened a tab for banglejs.com/apps/ > Connect > About > Install Default Apps.

Now I can connect and manage apps via Google Chrome. Still having software connectivity issues on iOS with WebBLE pulling the app list and nRF Toolbox . Even in Chrome I'm having issues with Flash. Work in progress.

• Even in Chrome I'm having issues with Flash.

You mean updating the firmware on the device? Via the Web IDE?

I am working on sorting out the 'Firmware Updater' app in the BangleApps repo which should make this a lot easier.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

BangleJs 2 - Bluetooth stopped working

Posted by Avatar for PeerDavid @PeerDavid

Actions