New app: SPH Calendar

Posted on
  • Hi, I'm currently doing a new clock, but in the process I ended up making a calendar with the same visual style of the clock, to be shown after touching the date.

I decided to split the clock and calendar in two apps (mainly to see the "Loading" after the touch), and uploaded the code to my instance here:
    https://diesphink.github.io/BangleApps/

It's pretty simple, with the following features:

1. Localization via Languages app
    2. Can go forward or back on months by clicking on the lines at the side of the month name
    3. Click on
      calendar to close
    4. On lock, returns to clock

Screenshot:

• really nice ! thank you
    and my old eyes really appreciate its readability

• Very nice. Good font. Whatd the font and size? Looks like Leco?

Noticed the calendar exits automatically if you don't do anything.

Also noticed the app will exit if you touch the middle. You can accidentally exit when moved between months.

Maybe restrict the touch area to below h/2 for app exit.

• Much more readable calendar than the other one on the app loader.

Thanks for sharing

• Hi @HughB

Whatd the font and size? Looks like Leco?

Yeah, LECO, size 14.

Noticed the calendar exits automatically if you don't do anything.

Yup, it's on purpose, it returns to the clock on lock

Also noticed the app will exit if you touch the middle. You can accidentally exit when moved between months.
    Maybe restrict the touch area to below h/2 for app exit.

Well, that could be changed, currently it checks on 40px, that is about the start of the first row of days. I'll change to h/3, ~60px, which is around the start of the second row.

It's built that way to make it easy and fast to close, as the more common and "happy path" of the app is to quickly check the next few days and then leave it. But I guess the close on touch could be a setting (along with the close on lock).

• I personnaly don’t mind the whole screen touch to get back to clock face, and the two upper corners touch to consult next or previous months are also a good idea

• Oops, there was a mistake on the day of week, if anyone is using, update to 0.3

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New app: SPH Calendar

Posted by Avatar for diego @diego

Actions