You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm currently experimenting with Espruino modules (on a Bangle.js 2).

From the documentation it looks as if modules are written to Flash as source code - non-minified, not pre-tokenized. This sounds as if modules will have to be parsed (and perhaps tokenized) when "require"d for the first time.

Does that mean that modules consume RAM while other code may be run from Flash?

(by the way: is it intended that module file names do not end with a ".js" suffix? Would those three characters also count as the eight which are allowed?

Amendment: a (probably important) detail of my intention is: I want to load modules at run-time(!) and not as part of the right-hand side of the Web IDE! The idea is to load modules as required by a configuration file

• (by the way: is it intended that module file names do not end with a ".js" suffix? Would those three characters also count as the eight which are allowed?

The limit for Storage is around 20 now and yes whole filename is stored as one string, . or / are not special in any way.

The only exception was added recently if multiple storage areas are in use for nrf52, then there is one optional letter drive name, c: is internal nrf52 flash and any other letter or no drive prefix at all is external larger SPI flash storage. This is for now not used except in custom builds.

Advantage of (smaller) internal flash is that it is directly mapped to CPU memory so it runs in place like from RAM.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started