Bangle.js2 stuck on boot up screen.

Posted on
  • I was trying to update the firmware on my Bangle 2 from 2v10.219 to 2v11 via flashing it on the Espruino Web IDE. I don't know if I clicked the wrong board or something, but when I connected to DfuTarg it showed there was an error while downloading. I am now stuck on the white boot screen and even if I hold btn1 for 10 seconds it just goes right back to the same screen, saying "CHECK STORAGE" and "NO NEW FW" and "BANK (some square symbol) INVALID."

Please help!

• Hi. I had some aborted Firmware updates as well. You need to reflash the update. I did switch to my Android phone and the nRF Toolbox because it was more stable, but it doesn't really matter. Just follow the steps again until it works :) Mabe put the watch closer to the Bluetooth antenna of your computer.

• Try nRF Toolbox instead - following the instructions on the info page.

• I don't really have a mobile device that I can download this app on. Has anyone found success using the Web IDE?

• YO BRUTE FORCE WORKS! I just kept flashing the firmware onto the watch. Thanks for the help, guys!

• This is me now but using an iPhone...for anyone stumbling on this later it appears that 2% get transferred each time you hit retry (while using nRD Toolbox) you just need to tap x50 for the whole firmware to transfer and then it seems to update successfully. shrugs

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js2 stuck on boot up screen.

Posted by Avatar for PotatoPlunderer @PotatoPlunderer

Actions