LCARS Clock update changed

Posted on
  • I got the LCARS clock on my bangle.js2. It’s great and shows a lot of information. A few days ago when I got it, it displayed my heart rate on the bottom part of the screen, after a recent update it now shows temperature, in Celsius. My question is how can I change the Celsius to Fahrenheit? Or how can I change one of the indicators back to HRM?

• Right now, I think you'd have to edit the app. Peer David wrote it (I can't find him on the forum, but you could open a GitHub issue on https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps and mention user @peerdavid?

Otherwise you could tweak it yourself. The temperature code is at https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/lcars/lcars.app.js#L161 and there's actually a 'locale' module https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js+Local­e which would display temperature in the right units for where you live

• Hello,

I'm currently working on Settings where each user can specify the information that should be displayed (select for each of the three lines individually).

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth of my BangleJs stopped working and I can no more connect via the WebIDE. I tried already many things and ensured that nothing else is connected etc. So I first have to figure this out before I can continue working on LCARS ...

BR David

• LCARS clock, very cool @PeerDavid

• Thanks a lot :)

• It is an awesome clock face! It’s definitely the best I can find for the Banglejs 2.

• Very awesome watchface, @PeerDavid!

• Thanks a lot :)

Its really cool for me to see that some use and like my lcars clock XD

• Agreed, it's a cool looking clock face, glad to hear it's going to continue to gain features!

• Nice indeed. Is there a reason why it's only available for the Bangle 2?

• The main reason is that I have never tested it for Bangle 1 - also I'm not sure how much more work it is to maintain it for both versions. But I will definitely think mad read about it how to support both versions :)

• Hello @Paladin316, I just pushed a new version where you can select for each of the three rows, which data is displayed. Currently Batters, Steps, Temperature and HRM is supported. I will add definitely more options in future :)

• Yes, I suspected something like that.

Well, I tried it quickly on my Bangle 1, and after drawing the background it shows a "Low Memory" error and the rest of the interface is missing. I guess you'd have to reduce the size of all the icons and fonts to make it run on the Bangle 1.

• Hi Sebastian, thanks for testing! I indeed want to optimize it a bit (background cam be oy lines instead of a complete image). So we will see if it works then :)

David

• Well, I recompressed the background image to an "Optimal 2 bit" palette and removed the icons rendering, and it seems to run. Obviously the visual is not optimal and it has to be resized to the larger screen of the Bangle 1, but functionally at least there's nothing stopping it.

If you manage to draw the background as shapes instead of a pixel image, then it would totally work I think.

• Ok cool thanks a lot for testing! I will write you again here when I made some performance optimizations :)

For sizing for both bangles I first have to read the tutorials again :P

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

LCARS Clock update changed

Posted by Avatar for Paladin316 @Paladin316

Actions