You are reading a single comment by @Graphity and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm correct in this thread, I just try :)

So, from the user side, I enjoyed Nubia watch's handling of "quiet mode" the most. It worked the following:
    To activate quiet mode:

1. Go to settings -> set quiet mode active
      => Watch confirms and shows "quiet mode screen"
    2. done :)
      => After a few seconds, screen turns off completely.

To deactivate quiet mode:

1. Hold button for a few seconds
      => watch lights up and is ready
    2. done :)

If you are in "quiet mode screen" and press the button (short, i.e. not long), screen shows "quiet mode screen".

What is "quiet mode screen"?
    It only shows the time and the text "Quiet mode - long press button to turn back on" (or similar).

Personal note: I liked this behavior very much as it was straight forward once I learned it. I'm not too much on a daily schedule which is why scheduling doesn't work out for me too well.

I read the discussion here. You discussed some technical stuff (buzz, alarm... etc), I can't answer for other smart watches I had (Pebble, Nubia, Ticwatch).
    I can say, though, that I'm quite sensitive on light. So in quiet mode, the screen should never turn on except I explicitly ask it to do so which, I suppose, is best achieved by a long-press of the button, as I mentioned before.
    It never happened, but I guess I would startle if it would vibrate during sleep :D

It would be great, though, if it could still measure heart rate etc. of my sleep...

I haven't looked into coding for bangle, yet. I hoped you guys liked the idea and perhaps adapt qmsched or so to operate like this. Or you tell me, long-press is not supported by bangle :)

Looking forward to your feedback.

Yours
    Graphity

About

Avatar for Graphity @Graphity started