Internet access

Posted on
  • First of all, I apologise if this has already been discussed in the forum. I've just started reading all the posts find them very interesting.

I was thinking that it would be very interesting to have a way to access the internet from the watch, to receive and/or send small chunks of information (for instance, weather conditions, current value of a stock in exchanges, short news, etc.). Do you know if this will be possible in the future, perhaps by using a companion app on your smartphone to act as a proxie/gateway?

• Yes - its one of the Kickstarter promises to have our own Android or iOS App that will run on your phone to enable connectivity to the internet. This will allow all sorts of real time Apps. You can already get a limited set of notifications onto the Bangle by setting up GadgetBridge on your phone. You then install the Android or iOS Apps on your Bangle. Have a look at the Weather App to get weather notifications. A fair amount of information in the App Loader README files. Click on the 'Read more' links to get full information.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Internet access

Posted by Avatar for fparri @fparri

Actions