You are reading a single comment by @WizardStan and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • OK, so.
    If my phone and watch lose connection, eg if I leave my phone in the basement and then go upstairs, too far away for the BLE to maintain a connection, the step counter widget resets to 0, all my messages disappear, and obviously I can't get any new messages because I'm not connected.
    If I get close enough again, after a minute or two the connection is reestablished BUT I still don't get any messages. I've tested this multiple times and that's the trigger: I walk away until I lose connection, and everything breaks, even after I've come back and the connection has been restored.
    I don't need to delete and re-pair my phone and watch in Gadgetbridge to fix it, however, I can simply turn bluetooth off and back on again.
    Hypothesis: when the BLE connection is lost, something is happening in Espruino that wipes out memory, including something to do with the BLE connection. Restoring a dropped connection is different from establishing a new connection, there's less handshake involved, but if the watch has lost some critical piece of the original connection than it might think it's connected but won't actually receive any messages. Figure out why the memory is getting wiped out when the BLE connection is lost and that should resolve everything.
    Checking for existing bug report now and I'll make a new one if needed.

edit: and so I say, but just now my step count reset to 0, all messages were lost, I did NOT lose connection, and just received a new message. So maybe it is two separate but possibly related issues.

About

Avatar for WizardStan @WizardStan started