Completely bricked? SOLVED, but incredibly frustrating

Posted on
  • So, since I wasn't able to upload from the original .219 firmware through the Firmware Update app on the /apps page, I thought I'd try the Web IDE flasher method.

I'm now stuck an a screen with:

SW RESET
    DFU 2V10.219
    CHECK STORAGE
    NO NEW FW
    BANK0 INVALID
    BTN1 = REBOOT

And nothing will get me past that.

Additionally, when selecting the Bangle.js 2 board in the Web IDE Flasher - Flash Firmware page, I get the error:

Sorry, the firmware update has failed.
    The error was: Unable to download https://www.espruino.com/binaries/esprui­no_2v10_banglejs2.zip
    Please try again, or check out the Troubleshooting page for what to do next.

I had also tried downloading the zip and then going the Flash from File route, but I got another error about being unable to read the zip and then the watch showed a CONNECT ERROR.

Could someone please give me step by step instructions?

• Update: I followed the nRF Toolbox method here: http://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#firmwa­re-updates

It worked - kind of. The watch disconnected after every 1-2% of progress, with 0 bytes reported as received. After clicking on Retry, 50+ times, it finally got as far as 100% and then seems to have booted to 2V10.244 (according to About on the watch).

Surely it's not supposed to be this difficult/complex/frustrating? For anyone who is not in any way tech savvy, this kind of thing would be a deal breaker I would think.

• I enabled the app loader firmware update on Friday - it was supposed to make this process a lot easier! I'll try and get a fix in for that today though.

What device did you use nRF Toolbox from? When I do updates here from an Android phone it just sits there and flashes in one go.

• Hi Gordon,

nRF Toolbox did the trick (with the .zip file) on iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15.1. It worked eventually, but it wasn't a simple one-click operation, as I've written in other comments.

Other than that, this is a great successor to the Pebble, and arrived just as my Pebble battery decided it couldn't cope any more!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Completely bricked? SOLVED, but incredibly frustrating

Posted by Avatar for ajkm @ajkm

Actions