• Ok, so I've just deliberately erased the bootloader on a Bangle and I see exactly what you're getting (no blocky 'DFU' screen). So I guess what happened is somehow when programming yours we messed up - programming got as far as doing Bangle.js but not the bootloader at the end of memory.

But there's a fix - please nobody else try this without consulting me first!

• Download the attached file
    • Open https://banglejs.com/apps
    • Click on 'Firmware Update' - the first app, and connect to your Bangle when prompted
    • Click on 'Choose File', choose the '.hex' file you downloaded, and click 'Upload'
    • It'll take about 30s and will stay at 100% for a further ~10 sec
    • Then it'll say 'hold button to reload'. Hold it for 10s or so and this time if all is well you should see the bootloader screen. Keep holding until '=====' goes across the screen and you re-enter Bangle.js though.

Now, it's probably best to update your firmware just in case as well - you can use the same Firmware Updater for this. Just go into it the same way but this time click the 'Cutting Edge build' link, then Upload. That'll take a much longer time, but once done the watch should auto-restart into the new firmware.

You can then go into the App Loader again, go to 'About' and 'Install default apps' and finally it'll be sorted.

Sorry for all the hassle!

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started