GadgetBridge step count massively inflated

Posted on
  • My Bangle 2 reports that I have done 6k~ steps but in the GB app it states that I have done more than 30million steps! Not sure why these values are so wildly different. Any ideas?

• i always had the same, i ve been told that it was not working yet as datas sent by Bangle were null or not supported by GB.
    I guess we just have to be patient

• I had the same: I uninstalled the GB app from my bangle and installed the android app instead :) Then it was totally fine.

• Ah cool, glad to hear it's not just me! I'll try the Android app and see how I get on. Cheers.

• Thanks @PeerDavid glad to see it works ok with the Android app

• I ve just tried on my new received Bangle2 with Android/message apps instead of Gadgetbridge app, and it records steps, hr with values that look ok !
    nice work !

• the values might tally now but they are far from accurate.
    I seem to walk at least 3000 steps in my sleep and I can lie perfectly still in bed and watch the count on the pedometer widget climb and climb.
    i also don't seem to have no heartbeat between 22.00 and 3.00.

if anybody knows how to improve matters it would be greatly appreciated.

rtfm's and warnings about going off topic also most welcome especially if I just need pointing in the right direction.

• Would you mind pointing me towards the app?

• @Chasolla - which bangle are you using, V1 or V2 ? Whats the version of the fimware you are using ? Since about Firmware 2.10.27 the step counter has been pretty stable. I would expect no more than 100 steps to be counted while you are sleeping. If you are using an older firmware then the step counter would count when you were sat on the sofa lifting your arm to operate the TV remote.

• Hugh
    thanks for the reply.
    I'm on a bangle 2 currently running firmware 2v10.241 which I think is at the bleeding edge.
    I did about 4000 steps in my sleep last night.
    I've got the pedometer widget and android integration installed and I've removed gadgetbridge from the bangle.

Very much enjoying this toy so far.

• 4000 steps in your sleep sounds way off. Unless the firmware has broken something. I have installed 2.10.241 and will let you know. I did a ton of work on the step counter to prevent mis counting off steps in your sleep. I woke up this morning with about 500 steps, but some of those were me doing a quick walk of the dog after midnight.

• Installed 2.10.241 and it seems to be working fine. I walked downstairs and around a bit and did about 140 steps. I am now showing 672 on the pedometer widget. Out of interest how are you displaying steps. I use the large digits setting for the widget. Can you send a Screenshot of what you are looking at. Connect through the ide and type g.dump() in the left hand window. Then click on the image to download.

• @Chasolla - 2.10.241 looks good to me. Less than 100 steps in my sleep.

• Thanks Hugh.

I'll look into the web ide when I have time.
    I've looked at the instructions but my old laptop runs linux and, more crucially, doesn't have bluetooth. Will it work on my phone?

I was on about 3000 steps this morning, my phone is currently on 387 and gadgetbridge on 959. My Bangles is currently on charge but shows 3710.

I can post a photo of the screen if that will provide the info that you need to understand the problem. I've changed the pedometer widget to large text but I don't think that this should make any difference.

• I just sent a pull request fixing this issue https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/pĀ­ull/1058

• Yes, take a picture with your phone of the pedometer widget. Better still do a video of it racking up when sat still. I can use the IDE on my phone. I run the chrome browser.

It might also be useful to record a log of the accelerometer using the accellog app. But let's do one step at a time :)

• Just merged - thanks!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

GadgetBridge step count massively inflated

Posted by Avatar for Weagertron @Weagertron

Actions