You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Gordon, did you try to glue that barometric hole?
    Will the watch be waterproof for swimming after that?

I haven't personally tried it, but before they put the hole in the manufacturer quotes IP68 resistance. The only other hole to worry about is the button, and that does appear to have some waterproofing on it.

@andrewg_oz there is some hope. Please could you take the top strap off your watch, and take a picture of the very top of the watch behind the strap (there should be a hole in it) - ideally try and get some light on it and a clear shot.

Basically: The 'developer units' had a hole drilled in the top for the barometer after assembly, and there was no water resistant membrane added. The company assured me repeatedly that all of these new Bangles (for the KickStarter) had the membrane in them (the hole is much tidier and if you peer right in you can see something white), but I just happened to glance at a Bangle I had returned here and I noticed that it didn't have the membrane, and a bit more inspection of failed watches I have here shows some don't have it either so I assume they sent me some old devices to try and make up the numbers :(

If it did happen that yours doesn't have the membrane I'll send you a new one.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started