• That looks great! Do you think you could submit it as an app in the app loader? I bet a bunch of kids would like that.

I seem to recall a bit of a post about this sort of thing before, but some thoughts I had:

• Remote sensor - the magnetometer could detect door openings/similar and the accelerometer can detect angle (for instance you could put it on a float).
    • Display for PC - it's relatively easy to script something up on Linux especially to make it advertise or transmit certain data via BLE - so you could transit build status, CPU load, etc to display on the watch. Maybe more useful on a Raspberry Pi where you may not have a server. When the new Gadgetbridge with internet gets done this'll be even easier.
    • Display for BLE devices - you can use it to display things like the water levels on Mi Flora plant moisture sensors, there's even an app for that
    • In-car display - you can use the GPS to display GPS speed, and can even have a G meter. A friend even has one intregrated into his car's dashboard.

Sure there are more as well...

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started