Beep setting appears to crash watch

Posted on
  • Playing with the 'beep setting to see if it will make noises - but I'm encountering this behaviour:

1. Start with a rebooted watch
    2. Go into settings Select 'beep' (the initial value shows' undefined')
    3. change the value to 'On'
    4. Use the IDE left hand side to try to make it beep - it doesn't.
    5. Go back to settings and change the value back to 'undefined' (simply to leave it as it was)
    6. Touch on the left side to move away from the 'beep' menu item. The watch doesn't respond to the touch, and it takes a reboot to get it working again.

In the IDE the following appears:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of Input
     at line 1 col 1
    ^
    in function "format" called from line 3 col 68
    ...lue,b.format&&(k=b.format(k)),k=t.tra­nslate(""+k),d.selectEd...
                                  ^
    in function "draw" called from line 1 col 236
    ...b.onchange(b.value);d.draw()}
                                  ^
    in function "select" called from line 1 col 22
    b?d.move(b):d.select()
                         ^
    in function "cb" called from line 1 col 8
    b();cb();
           ^
    in function called from system
     at line 1 col 1

Obvious remedy to avoid this, don't try to set 'beep to 'undefined'! But it looks like a bug.

And should it actually be able to make a beep of sorts? The docs (which probably refer to bangle 1) say that you can set 'beep' to vibrate and it will simulate a beep using the vibration motor, but there's no such setting available on the Bangle 2.

• Thanks for the really clear report! Someone mentioned it this morning (I can't see where now :) and I've fixed it with an updated Settings app.

It was some hard-coded pin names for Bangle.js 1 (to make it beep) which ended up messing up the hardware state on Bangle.js 2

• Hi Gordon,

I just tried the updated Settings app (with very latest FW build). The bip seems fine now but, at least on mine, it seems that we cannot set it to OFF anymore.
    It is not important nor urgent but I wanted to let you know.

• Thanks - that was stupid. Just fixed it now - it worked before, but only if your beep setting was previously true/false

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Beep setting appears to crash watch

Posted by Avatar for daldred @daldred

Actions