• Hi, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
    I've been working with a ST7789V LCD controlled by an NRF52832, I'm trying to draw images using LCD_SPI_UNBUF but unfortunately the colours always seem to be incorrect.
    So far I've set the the screen RGB mode using the 0x36 command and 0x8 but apart from that I'm struggling. I'm sending a raw image file directly to the lcd via SPI. The reds look nearly correct and I'm using a raw image file in a 16bpp RGB565 format. Is there something I'm missing, so far I'm unsure if it's the format of the image file or something I'm missing with the palette. I'm wondering if sending the raw image file directly to the LCD is in the incorrect format having looked at the datasheet but currently lack the hardware to test this. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

I'll add an image later today.

• Can you make photo of correct and incorrect picture? Can you draw just red,green,blue and white shapes (circle, rectangle) and see if those are correct?

• Sadly I've just arrived at work. Once I'm home I'll update with the images and the results of the drawing the shapes.

• I figured it out thanks to your insight. I drew 3 squares of red blue and green and they were correct so I looked into the encoding of the image and it looks like that was the problem. I used this tool (http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/_t_d­oimageconverter565.php) to generate a RGB565 raw image and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Trouble displaying an image on an ST7788V LCD via SPI write

Posted by Avatar for Vivan @Vivan

Actions