• indeed, I forgot about "compilation" when optimizing my code for the ESP32 (well, as you said, it's not supported anyway)

While there is indeed no explicit integer arithmetics in JavaScript, there are still tricks to inform JavaScript about the preference of integer arithmetics (these are used by ASM.js, e.g.).

And, perhaps, there is any other hidden (or less documented) "trick" to speed things up, e.g., by using single-precision FP rather than double-precision etc.

Performance of the RasPi pico is, nevertheless, impressive! (particularly when compared with its price!)

• indeed, I forgot about "compilation" when optimizing my code for the ESP32 (well, as you said, it's not supported anyway)

still would be interesting to test with MDBT42Q how much it helps

While there is indeed no explicit integer arithmetics in JavaScript, there are still tricks to inform JavaScript about the preference of integer arithmetics (these are used by ASM.js, e.g.).

this may work in the "compiled" case but not in normal js interpreter (?)

And, perhaps, there is any other hidden (or less documented) "trick" to speed things up, e.g., by using single-precision FP rather than double-precision etc.

This would need different build with -DUSE_FLOATS
    https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/src/jsutils.h#L280
    and then everything is single precision (but the main slowdown is probably the interpreter)

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started