• Hi together,

I yesterday received my BangleJS1.

By starting the GPS info or GPS time app I only see the message "Loading...". After 30 min nothing changed. Other GPS apps like GPS navigation starting but just doesn't get any GPS data.

I have also updated the firmware to the newest version 2v10.

As I have not seen any thread about a similar GPS problem. Could it be a hardware issue like the GPS module not answering at all?

Thanks for any hints

• for the first time it takes long time (like 5 minutes?) and you need to be outside with clear sky and should not move much, doesn't work inside building and walking doesn't help too, even without lock gps info should show some icon and say 0 sattelites

• For me it seems like that the GPS is not available at all. In the GPS Info source you can see that the "Loading..." is shown until GPS is powered on. But this seems not to happen.

https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/gpsinfo/gps-info.js

I have now waited for more then one hour and just only see the "Loading..." message on screen. Nothing about any GPS information not even sattelites information.

• Are you getting any errors printed when you connect through the ide. I think the layout out manager is broken.

• Yea your right. Just got some other GPS apps working. GPS navigation app shows now some satellites and GPS recorder is also working. GPS Info, GPS Time (only Loading... message) and Speedo (only blank screen) app seem to be broken.

• GPSInfo is currently broken for me.

You can do a quick check on the GPS via the IDE console using:

Bangle.on('GPS', (fix) => console.log(fix));
    Bangle.setGPSPower(1);

Once it powers on you should see the chip responding every second.
    If you put the watch outside you should see it get a fix after about 5-10 mins.

• Thank you! I now got the GPS information in the log. I didn't expect anything other than the new watch to be broken.

http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­369253/#comment16238073

• Hi - sorry about this. It should be fixed now - more info about what happened at that link above.

Right now a lot of stuff is changing because I'm trying to ensure that old apps are made compatible with Bangle.js 2 (rather than just copying and modifying which would be a maintenance nightmare), and sometimes things get broken.

Things should get a lot better soon though. This is pretty much the worse time as it's just a few weeks before I plan to ship.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

GPS not loading / GPS info/time only shows "Loading..."

Posted by Avatar for metallisto @metallisto

Actions