• ERROR: Found module, but search took too long. comes because I believe you have enabled the Project mode and it seems you also have the module stored locally on your hard disk? We hit this ages ago with your system, and I ended up globally raising the time limit just for you - but it seems maybe your PC has got even slower recently? :)

I don't know, but it's possible you might have copied all the modules into your local project folder for some reason? In which case maybe the overhead of searching them all is slowing it down?

Either way as long as the file can be found online I guess everything is good.

I was under the impression that requests would be denied

It's only when you make an HTTP request from an HTTPS webpage - but since the IDE is served off your local hard disk there is no such restriction

• Sat 2021.10.16

'I believe you have enabled the Project mode and it seems you also have the module stored locally on your hard disk?'

Well, you know your stuff! I am working from a project, and when the cert error popped up, I quick grabbed a copy of AT24.js and saved it, in case the ability to recover never occurs. My main concern is that other recent end users may not have the knowledge on how to work that way, So I create this thread.

'I ended up globally raising the time limit just for you'

I had forgotten that, dug it up and re-read:

Placing module code in local modules folder doesn't appear

post #12 there   http://forum.espruino.com/comments/14419­110/

I re-read @Wilberforce #10 and link along with @allObjects #11 (there - above link) source reference and it appears post #22 that the order was never updated.

http://forum.espruino.com/comments/14587­479/

'but it's possible you might have copied all the modules into your local project folder'

No. I only have the one AT24.js file there. One thought that has popped up is that it appears most are developing within a Linux/Unix environment, as I seem to be one of a few that have ongoing devlopment, and on Windows10. I have noticed over the last two years, that at times, my PC comes to a dead stop. Often wondered what it was up to, and discovered that as I have the Windows Update feature set to download in background and allow the user to install option selected, was done as in automatic mode, my system would be taken prisoner until the update completed. At one point, it took over 48 hours to update! I had no access to the Internet, email, news etc until that was complete. Horrid! I have less headaches having the files d/l in the background, but at times the system locks up. When I check the WindowsUpdate.log file, I can see multiple failed attempts with the current time/date stamp, at gaining the ability to d/l files it requires. This seems to be the culprit.

Another thought, I was ping-pong'ing back-n-forth placing a prefix tilde on the AT24.js file so that it wouldn't be located to force a fetch across the web. Maybe the queue during the folder file retrieval somehow became corrupt?

'maybe the overhead of searching them all'

While I have only the one .js file in the modules folder, I do have around ten feature flavors for each of the projects or devices I'm working on, selectable by Settings >> Project all in the root. I've been under the impression that the WebIDE would only search within the modules folder of the currently selected project, which is how most apps function. Could it be that having multiple modules folders is somehow being traversed? Doesn't appear likely as from Wilberforce #10 and link git source above.

About