You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Do you build with the jswrap_bangle.c included?

well, no, the https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/libs/banglejs/jswrap_bangle.c is quite big source with lot of bangle hardware specific assumptions. Long time ago I tried this with P8 and failed. Also lot of development goes into this file so maintaining fork with changes in this file can be nightmare. it could help if this would be splitted to separate files with drivers for specific hardware (touch, gps, compass, display,...) with some abstraction so only the generic stuff would remain in Bangle but it is probably lot of refactoring and lot of work.

Also what I like on Espruino is the javascript side where you can change things easily without making new build so I'd prefer lot of this stuff that is not performance critical to be in javascript library like e.g. all stuff in http://www.espruino.com/modules/

• Long time ago I tried this with P8 and failed

hi, i have the same goal, using pinetime/p8 as a backup platform for bangle.js v2,
    of course it would be good if pt/p8 can also run the bangle store apps like bangle1/2.

I am a layman. Do you think you and others could enlighten me so I could ask gpt4 to make a try?
    As you may see my other posts, it DID wrote me a bangle app for soft-reboot, modify the "swipe back to clock"and"back swipe"'s swipe direction, also the microwave bangle app; among many other things outside bangle.

OR, if you could intelligently break it up into smaller steps, i could try to use gpt4 to do the small steps 1 at a time...etc.

ps:
    I have the concept of traditional programming and some OOP, i just dont want to learn the "gramma" of 100+ languages. It's ridiculous that some use for (i++,j++) and some use for [i++;j++] etc.

ps2:
    my swd tools just arrived, i am now trying to un-brick my p8b-mirror > <

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started