You are reading a single comment by @user107850 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Got the same build error again. Did you resolve the time_t definition clash ?

I recloned the repository and started from scratch. Still get the build error.

Scanning dependencies of target banglejs-algos-tester
    [  7%] Building C object CMakeFiles/banglejs-algos-tester.dir/src­/main.c.o
    In file included from /home/hughbarney/src/banglejs-algos-test­er/src/stepcounters/stepcounters.h:4,
                     from /home/hughbarney/src/banglejs-algos-test­er/src/main.c:6:
    /home/hughbarney/src/banglejs-algos-test­er/src/stepcounters/../types.h:11:18: error: conflicting types for ‘time_t’
     typedef uint32_t time_t;
                      ^~~~~~
    In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/types.­h:129,
                     from /usr/include/stdlib.h:394,
                     from /home/hughbarney/src/banglejs-algos-test­er/src/main.c:4:
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/types­/time_t.h:7:18: note: previous declaration of ‘time_t’ was here
     typedef __time_t time_t;
                      ^~~~~~
    make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/banglejs-algos-tester.dir/bu­ild.make:63: CMakeFiles/banglejs-algos-tester.dir/src­/main.c.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:73: CMakeFiles/banglejs-algos-tester.dir/all­] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:106: all] Error 2

The easiest way to fix this is to comment out the time_t definition in types.h and add include at the top of types.h

• I forget how little portable C is!
    OK, I have renamed time_t to sc_time_t so it doesn't conflict with linux time_t. Try pulling.

Need some 1 hour logs for sleep, driving, working, sitting watching TV - all ZERO step logs.

Yes, but let's not forget collecting steps data under different circumstances (slow walk, fast walk, running, etc).

It would be nice if we could involve other users, just to confirm that there are no major differences across devices.

About

Avatar for user107850 @user107850 started